Friday, March 6, 2009

When you wish upon a star...

Whatever happened to Jiminy Cricket? Did he end up in a third world country's frying pan?
Or maybe in a box of chocolate coated crickets? one has to wonder.

Tonight I was putting out the garbage, and I took a moment to stare into the night sky. Lo and behold, I caught sight for barely a second of a shooting star, so I made a wish. Because I want that wish to come true, I'm not going to tell you what I wished for until after it comes true. (if it does.)

One thing I will share, is that I believe the past belongs behind us. Those grudges and slights that we would carry against one another are not badges of honor to be shown with pride.
Those are things that are burdens we bear of our own accord, that we had the power to put down and walk away from long ago. There is no honor in bearing them, only heartbreak, as they take up space in our lives that should be reserved to shoulder that which is new and good.

I'm not saying that we should forget those sins, but I am saying we need to forgive them and move on.

So tonight I wished upon a falling star. Let's all hope for the best.

No comments: