Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Lost" in Trexlertown

I don't watch all that much Television anymore. What I do watch is HD episodes online, when I can watch them at my convenience. That is exactly how I watch "Lost"

I watch Amazing Race the same way, but other than Battlestar Galactica, that's it.

Lost is, by far, the best show presently on TV. The story, the mystery, the tragedy of a Paradise lost, it is so compelling to try and follow.

I read the TV watchers blog on Mcall.com, and I debate with some of my twitter friends about what has happened so far, and what will happen yet.

When you consider that the story arc concerns an island that can not only move its physical location, but it's location in time, using the term "what will happen" has a different kind of relevance.

So to keep my Twitter peeps happy, here are my predictions on what is going to happen in coming episodes.

1.Anthropologist Charlotte, Love of Daniel Faraday, is not dead. He's going to do something at the Orchid construction site that changes the time arc. I know he said it can't be done, but he found a way to use Desmond to contact Eloise, didn't he?

2. What did Kate do with Aaron, Claire's son?
Aaron is now with Claire's Mom. Due to the Island's time hopping ability, I predict that Aaron shows up in the final season as an adult, looking for his Mom, and he ends up as the new leader under the tutelage of Richard Alpert.

3. Why was Ben so bloody before he got on the plane?
Because he killed Penny Widmore, love of Desmond's life. Which will lead to Desmond returning to the Island with his sole purpose being to kill Ben Linus. And Desmond's son, Charlie?
The raging argument among certain Lehigh Valley Lost Groupies is that either Charles Widmore is his own grandson, having been marooned there during a time jump after Desmond kills Ben, or Charlie will be raised by his grandfather, and come to the Island in the expedition along with Aaron in the final season.
Two good hypothesis, but they could both be wrong.

4.How the hell is John Locke alive?
Just like Michael trying to kill himself, the Island won't let him go until he fulfills his purpose. I like the idea that he is a facsimile of himself, created by the island, just as Christian, Jack's father may be.

5. My last one. The Dharma station that blew up was built as a counter balance to the time wheel. The reason it was frozen when Ben moved it was because the Dharma group had figured out how to neutralize it. Blowing up the Swan station removed that counterbalance. Things went along fine until Ben bumped the turntable, so to speak. So now, everybody is back in the past before the counterbalance was built. I have a suspicion that once that counterbalance gets built, everybody gets back where they belong. That's my wild guess. Okay guys, have at it, what's your guess?
I won't even touch the Mayan Temple/Smoky defense system today, I'll wait until we get another appearance. One theory floating around is that as the earth approaches the galactic celestial plane on 12/21/12, that the machine the Mayans built is to stabilize the Earth as it passes through that plane, and all this tinkering has knocked it off kilter.

Nice theory. It's as good as any!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just happy to get a glimpse of what the 4 toed statue was supposed to be.

mincognita said...

Seems the more I watch, the more "lost" I become. So, you think Ben killed Penny? Before or after he killed Locke? He sure was busy before he boarded that plane.

Anonymous said...

Lately they reveal just enough to keep me watching. Watching how Locke died was a huge shock.

Chris Casey said...

Beats me:
The whole idea of the 4 toed statue being the ancient God Horus is great plot in my mind.

Mincognito: I am sure Ben killed Penny in retribution for Widmore killing Alexandra. Ben is a psychopath, but a cunning, brillant one, who is thinking so many moves ahead it is scary. And he hit Penny right before he called Jack to retrieve Locke's body for the trip.

Beeker: Ben killing Locke was just another in a great many brilliant plot twists. My take is that Ben knew Locke would not push for Jum to come back to the Island, and he knew the only way to get her on that plane was to convince her that Jin was alive.

I can't wait to see how it all gets rectified this week, and they all end up back together again.