Sunday, March 15, 2009

Proof of my own ignorance

Sunday morning I had a post ready to go, that was all about a sign in front of a local Volunteer Fire Department. The sign promoted an upcoming fundraising event "Adult Bingo."

I had all these witty lines about Adult Books and Movies, and wondering aloud if "Adult Bingo" meant Firemen (Or Firewomen) running around selling instant games in thongs and G-strings. But alas, Mrs. C smacked me back to reality by informing me that "Adult Bingo" meant no kids allowed.

As an Irish Catholic, you would think I might have realized that, God knows, I've worked enough Bingo games in my time. I don't ever remember seeing that many kids at them though, it was something of an unwritten rule, right?

This episode just goes to show how stupid I can be at times. So give me DUH!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a *blush* bingo player, I like some of your ideas. It might give the game new life!

Jen said...

Hardly stupid or I am too. Anytime I see Adult ______ I think nasty thoughts. I'm not a bingo player but if it was adult bingo as you interpreted it I might become one.

Chris Casey said...

Could you imagine Bingo with a "pole Dancer" calling the numbers?
"O 69, that's O.......69!"

Anonymous said...

Adult bingo is generally bingo with sex toy prizes and BYOB. If the sign was in front of your local Fire Co, maybe you should bring a camera. I heard at least one local Township Supervisor may be a volunteer there;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Chris Casey said...

NLV:

I've heard all about the Supervisor story, and I'm not interested. Even got a couple of emails about why I'm not running.
I've got better things to do besides lose an election! LOL!