Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The 5 Worst TV Miniseries of all time ( My Opinion)

This is off the top of my head, from reading other blogs, but here goes.

I like Stephen King as a writer. The guy has scared the hell out of me, starting way back when with "Carrie", "Cujo", and the original scary movie, "The Shining." Those were great books that were good movies, with the Shining being a very good movie I still get shivers at the utterance of "redrum!"

Unfortunately, Mr. King has allowed just about everything he has ever written to hit one form of screen or another, and with some pretty awful results. The lone TV miniseries exception was "The Stand" which had the brilliant foresight to cast Rob Lowe as a mute. It was quite good. But other than that lone shining bright light, Mr. King's TV adaptations have, for the most part, SUCKED.

So I present to you, the top 5 WORST TV Miniseries of all time, from bad to Worst:

5. The Shining (Recent TV Remake) Why mess with a good thing? Did you need the money?

4. Rose Red A haunted mansion that devours souls? On Network TV? That's Ironic.

3. The Tommy knockers Digging up an alien spacecraft buried in the woods, it powers itself off your brain waves, and makes you build green glowing, floating typewriters and exploding soda machines.

2. The Langoliers Cross Pac man the video game with the Friday the 13th movies. Say what?

And the worst Miniseries ever made is, drum roll please...........

1. The Storm of the Century! Where a Satan like demon holds a town hostage during a blizzard until it gives him an apprentice. Satan holding a small town hostage? Man, like that has never happened before! Politicians do that all the time!

I would have put "It" on the list, but I have a soft spot for the late John Ritter, and having Tim Curry play the demon/shape shifting clown was a pretty bold stroke of casting.

Stephen King is a great writer, but his books on the big or little screen? That's hit or miss, and in recent years, it's mostly been a miss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with this for the most part. Sometimes I feel ashamed admitting I'm a Stephen King fan in certain company, because so many people associate the name with the endless terrible films that have been made from his work.

I read recently where they're going to be making a feature film out of IT soon. I can't say my hopes are high.