Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's memories

This year Mrs C and I were asleep at midnight. She went in at 9:30 and I followed after the news at 10 on Channel 69. It was so cold that the folks in the Trailer Park didn't come out at midnight and shoot of the guns this year. Yippee!
Usually that happens and causes major eruptions of barking, but no guns meant no barking, and it just goes to show that the cold weather had a very positive effect on some.

For New Year's, I hung the new bird feeder my niece gave me for Christmas out in the yard, and filled it with songbird feed. It pleased me today to see it swarmed with small birds. Sally dog sits at the TV room window and watches them. It is simple, quiet moments like this that always seem to stick in my memory. Sally's tale thumping rhythmically as she watched under an overcast sky in a late winter afternoon's light.
This year's New Years memory is one of a happy black Cocker dog watching birds feed.

No comments: