Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm going to call the Bleepin Manager!

It wasn't me saying that, it was a very elderly woman in her car at the drive thru window at a bank I will refer to as 'Fuchovia". I was in "Fuchovia" on personal business waiting patiently in line, when it become hilariously obvious to all in line that the old lady in one of the drive thru lanes was not happy. She also apparently had no idea that every word she uttered came over the speaker for all in line to hear.
She was demanding that the young man acting as her teller send her rolls of coin out thru the tube, and he was adamant that he could not do that.
"You've done it before!" she screamed, and I mean screamed.
Very calmly and quietly, he replied. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I don't do that it is against policy, and I can't. you will have to come in."
Now at this particular "Fuchovia" you can see from the waiting area down towards the cars, and I could see this old lady could barely see over the steering wheel, and God forbid, I would hate to be on the road in her vicinity.
She had to be harmless, right?
Well, when Mr. 20 something teller refused her demand, she let loose with a rant that would make a sailor blush, and had those of us watching and listening while in line also laughing.

"I'm not getting out of the Bleepin car to come in your Bleepin Bank! This Bleepin bank isn't worth a Bleepin Damn! You Bleepin mother Bleepers have been stealing my money for years! I'm bleepin pulling around there and you better Bleepin bring my God damn money out to my car! I'm not bleepin getting out!"

I almost wanted to stick around to see how that worked out, but I finished my business and had things to do, so I hit the road. Though I did hear her scream that she was going to call the manager when she got home, she didn't have Bleepin time to talk to that bleepin bitch right now.
If she knows the manager is a woman, I'll bet the manager has had the pleasure of her company before. I bet they know the Grouchy Granny REAL WELL.

If that old lady has kids, I'll bet they just love having her around on the Holidays. She is still driving herself, so they are spared that torture, huh?

3 comments:

Amber said...

LOL
Classic.

Chris Casey said...

Wooster Ohio? I grew up in Columbus.
It's okay you are a transplant. Once an Ohioan, always an Ohioan!

Anonymous said...

Great story. Reminded me of an event a few weeks back. I was using the WiFi at the Dunkin Donuts on South Side Bethlehem when an older lady got something to eat, then after she had finished eating, spent 45 minutes arguing with the poor employee from India that he'd given her the wrong change. Threatened to sue. Call the police. Everything. Fortunately, a police officer on a donut break eventually convinced her to hit the road.