Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Money...No Honey A Sunday Undie Story

I am a regular married guy. Like many married guys, I let my wife buy underwear for me. Most of the time, that's not a problem. My wife likes to buy me goofy stuff, like St. Patrick's day, or St. valentines day themed undies, and I have several pair of Looney Tunes Christmas themed undies.
I like to think I'm pretty secure in my self image. This Morning I grabbed a pair after my shower that I thought were black with yellow stripes.

I should have paid more attention. On the Front of them were the words, "No Money".

On the back, a picture of a honey bee and the words, "No Honey."

I went to the gym to work out at 2:45 PM today, and when I stripped down to change, my underwear caused some laughter.

This is the gym where some guys have tried to shave in the jacuzzi, and others have used the hand held hair driers on their groin area. So any guy who would have the audacity to mock me is one who probably doesn't have a man card.

Lets make one thing real clear: Real men will wear the underwear their wife buys them as long as it meets two criteria, it is not pink, and it is not a thong. The only exception is if our kids buy it for us as a present, then we will try it on in the privacy of our own home, but we would never wear it anywhere else. This allows us to truthfully answer the question, "did you ever wear it?"

Now I took my good natured kidding from the other gym rats with a smile, confident in my own manhood, but I made a self conscious note to NEVER Wear those undies on a scheduled gym day again.
I personally think that if I ever end up unconscious in an emergency room, and they have to strip me, that they would see me in my themed underwear of the day and think I was a pretty cool guy.

3 comments:

Jerry Waxler said...

I think you've added one more test for real men to the list. "Real men" will blog about getting razzed for their underwear at the gym. Thanks for this fun piece.

Jerry
Memory Writers Network

Chris Casey said...

Glad you liked it Jerry. My home improvement destruction adventures bring the most emails and comments

Tom said...

Truly, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't have been worried about them laughing, I would be more concerned about why they are paying such close attention to your underwear. Perhaps their Man Cards should be revoked.

OfficialManCard.com