Monday, January 19, 2009

Happiness is a Heated Mattress Pad

It has been cold. Not just annoyingly cold, but uncomfortably cold. Mrs C made it known to me that no matter how high she turned the controls on her electric blanket, it didn't seem to get very warm, or make much of a difference. I wasn't all that concerned, because I had no electric blanket on my side of the bed. I had added an extra sheet folded double on my side. I wasn't freezing, but I wasn't exactly toasty either.

With that in mind, I told her I was willing to pry a few extra dollars out of my wallet and purchase a new electric blanket for our King Size bed. You know these things aren't cheap, right?
So Saturday afternoon we are at the Big Box store, and the selection is kind of slim. They don't have any King size blankets, which is a stumbling block for me, because I'll be damned if I'm buying two electric blankets.

Then we get to a display at the end of an aisle, and they have of all things, a King sized heated Mattress pad. It has controls for both sides of the bed! It is one big pad, but has separate controls! This has win win situation written all over it! Mrs C can roast on her side, and if I feel the need, I can put my side on low simmer!

So I pried the $65.00 out of my wallet and purchased the heated Mattress pad. We put it on the bed as soon as we were home, and put it right to use Saturday night.
How did I ever sleep on cold nights without this thing?! It is great! The heat radiates up from below, and really soothes my achy joints. The state of early morning stiffness in my surgically replaced right hip diminished drastically in one night. The heated mattress pad works much better than the electric blanket ever did.
More importantly, Mrs C is happy, as are the dogs, who like the bed being nice and warm as much as anybody else.
Sometimes domestic bliss can be found in the most simple pleasures. At least for this most recent weekend, Happiness is a heated mattress pad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy it? I'd love to get one of those for my bed!

Chris Casey said...

I found it at the Sam's Club on Fifth street Highway in Reading for $64.99