Thursday, December 31, 2009

A few things I would become a "FAN" of in the New Year.


Facebook is always inviting me to become a "FAN" of something or other, so here are three groups I would join if they existed.


PUT DERBE ECKHART IN A CAGE! Become a FAN!


Derbe, "Skip" Eckhart is the idiot owner of Almost Heaven (But more like Hell) kennels who had several hundred animals seized from his property in 2008 during a raid, yet still claims he was only looking after their best interests. The legal battle still rages almost 15 months later. Here is hoping a judge sentences him to live in the same putrid conditions he thought those poor animals enjoyed. That likely won't happen, but I can hope.


SAY NO TO WATCHING JON AND KATE! BECOME A FAN!


Just turn off the TV, and refuse to read any rag that puts those two media whore train wrecks on the cover. If you really have to watch the boob tube, boycott any show that makes them the lead story by changing the channel. PBS is still decent, watch an episode of NOVA if you can. Hell, I would even watch project Runway or queer eye for the straight guy reruns if that was the only choice I had.


GET THE TRIBUNE COMPANY A PROOFREADER! BECOME A FAN!


If you live in the Lehigh Valley, and have picked up a copy of the Tribune company's publication recently, you know exactly what I am talking about. Here are two recent headlines:


"Volunteer Firefighter sentenced for driving Trunk Drunk" and "Valley came into its down in the last decade."


It is a tragedy the way the owners of this conglomerate have gutted the local paper. All in the name of the bottom line. The daily misspellings and errors have become part of our local entertainment, as well as headlines concerning events that happened over a week before. Any day now I expect one informing us that we have a President who may not be white!


Okay, that is three things I would become a Fan of, what about yours?


5 comments:

Angel said...

I really did "laugh out loud" when I reached the Tribune one. Of course, the LV did come down this decade, wouldn't you agree? 10 years ago... I was young, optimistic and beginning my serious journalism career. Which has subsequently died. As have the local papers. They just refuse to admit it.

LVCI said...

Apparently TMC isn't alone..
I posted a video of newspaper clippings back in January on my YouTube channel.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ironpigpen said...

It is preposterous that an organization that passes itself off as professional and actually expects people to buy their product cannot spend a couple of bucks on a proofreader.

I submit part of their problem is the trash they print to suit their political agenda.

Forget that though.

The basic spelling mistakes stopped being funny a long time ago.

I would be embarassed to say I am a member of that organization, the Morning Call or it's parent.

Mark my words --- TRIBUNE WILL GET A BAILOUT FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

ironpigpen said...

Nice win for Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

Even before Penn State joined Big Ten, I always preferred the East Coast team to the West in the Grand Daddy of Them All.