Thursday, December 10, 2009

I am not ready for an AARP card, but I'm not bummed by it either.


I am not ready for it, but I have one in my wallet.

So another year has passed, and my downward march continues into oblivion. But there is hope!

Guess what my daily Horoscope in the paper says today?

Check this out:

If December 10 is your Birthday - Between now and mid-February, you might feel like that battery bunny that just keeps going and going. You possess initiative and business savvy, so you can make your fondest dreams come true. January is especially suitable for launching new business projects or working your way up the ladder of success. In May and June you may have the same urges to compete but could be misled and deluded into thinking you can win when the cards are stacked against you.

We believe what we want to believe, but more importantly, we always have hope. We always have a choice in the direction we take our lives. I don't plan my life around what I read in a horoscope. I hope most people don't but I understand there are some people that do.

Growing older is not something to fear. Getting an AARP card is not a statement about how far over the hill we are. It is more a statement of how far we have come, not har far we don't have left to go. And who is to say we don't have farther to go than we already have?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Aarp or no Aarp.