Monday, June 1, 2009

Lehigh Valley Stupid People

So today I am driving home from work, it's a little after 4PM, and a young guy on a motorcycle starts to pass me on the Jaindl bypass. The Jaindl bypass, for you non Valley residents, is a 4 lane freeway with a posted speed limit of 45 MPH. The actual speed limit is warp 9.

Anyway, this guy was maybe 21 years old, wasn't wearing a helmet, and was going more than 65 MPH. (Remember, he was passing me)

We could argue that he was stupid for not wearing a helmet.

We could argue that he was stupid for steering the bike with only his right hand.

But wait until you read what he was doing with the other hand. He hand his right hand on the throttle, but his left hand? That he had his cell phone in, and when we got to the light and stopped I realized what he was doing.

He was TEXTING.

He roared off when the light changed, TEXTING away.

So I was thinking, am I out of line for thinking that he is a FUTURE ORGAN DONOR?

Discus among yourselves, Comments are welcome

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, that's wht we call them "Donorcycles!"

Anne said...

That is unbelievable. I think it is awful when people text while driving a car, but at least the car doesn't require balancing along with steering and watching everything around you.

Jan from BetterSpines said...

We call them "Temporary Australians"