Friday, June 5, 2009

Today is Mrs C's Birthday!

Next to Christmas, this is a very important day for me, my wife's Birthday. In our 14 years together, I have never forgotten it. Though it isn't like I could, because she does sort of remind me all the time.
("Oh honey, are you going to celebrate D-day with any of your veteran friends? I'm just asking, you know, that is ONE DAY After my birthday!")
Anyway, my wife is an aficionado of fine shoes. We actually have a closet in our home full of shoes. JUST HER SHOES. If I have 5 pair, that would be overestimating it. So in honor of my lovely wife's appreciation of fine shoes, I purchased the following Birthday card

I think it is perfect, and inside it says this:


It made me laugh.

On Wednesday I hand delivered twelve hand cut roses to her office, so she could enjoy them more than one day.
Tomorrow I have reserved the kitchen table at Buca Di Beppo in Reading for our lunch, though I confess to having fifteen dollars worth of discounts I can use.

There may be a surprise or two in store yet, but I'm not giving away her age. I know better, though the fact that my 30th HS reunion is this year could get you pretty close, depending on whether you think she is older or younger, but we did graduate in different years.

I'll let you know what happened Sunday.

One more for the road:

Happy Birthday Honey!

2 comments:

Jan from BetterSpines said...

What a perfect birthday card! She will love it. Have a great day both of you.

Capt Doug said...

Wishing her a very Happy Birthday!