Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cleaning the Garage

As of June 30, we will have lived in Trexlertown for 5 years. A lot of things can happen in five years. A lot of things can pile up in your garage in that time.

On Sunday afternoon, I decided it was time to take back the garage. It had gotten to the point that you could only get into the cars if I backed mine in and my wife drove hers straight in. The middle of the garage was the only place to get in or out of the car, and you couldn't walk out of the garage if the cars were in it.

Are you getting the picture here?

I didn't park in the garage Sunday night, leaving room to work in there on Monday. Part of what prompted this was Mrs C telling me she couldn't get in the freezer to get ice cream if my car was in the garage.

If you can't get to your ice cream, you have too much junk.

So I started the great purge. Fortunately I have access to a great dumpster where I work, and received permission to toss some stuff in it. I did find evidence of mouse activity where suspected it last year, the tell tale trail of mouse droppings was evident. But so was the poison bait I had stuck under my rolling tool box. They had munched on it freely. Other bait along the walls and in corners hadn't been touched. Only the bait by the door, where they could easily squeeze in. I suspect the kitty cats in the woods behind us, and the hawk family might have been a factor in the declining rodent population as well. No Chipmunks in the bird seed lately either.

Anyway, I would estimate I put about 12 hours in over 2 days, but now everything is put away, everything is neat and tidy, and best of all, you can easily get into either car from either side. You can also walk out of the garage with the cars parked inside.

I am the man, the garage is part of my kingdom, and I rule! Boolyah!

No comments: