Sunday, June 14, 2009

Marriage maintenance with Mrs. C!

My wife and I both work full time, and we also have separate interests that we like to indulge in.
For that reason, we keep Saturdays as OUR day.

Yesterday was one of the better ones. we left home about noon and headed over towards the Regal cinema on Route 378 on the south side of Bethlehem.
We had lunch at Starter's Pub, ($37.00 with tip) and then we went to the movies.

I purchased us tickets for "Night at the Museum 2" ($13.00) and up until the very moment the movie started, we were the only people in the theater. When the announcement played to please turn off all electronic devices, I stood up and announced to the empty theater: "You hear that? Don't make me come down there!" This made Mrs C laugh. The Regal Cinema has stadium seating, and Mrs C and I sat in th very back row, right in the middle.

It is always nice to be able to go to the theater and hold your sweetie against your shoulder during a movie. I hope I am never too old to do that.

The movie was very funny, and it is a great date movie. Ben Stiller is great at deadpan comedy, and delivering his lines as a straight man. The movie had a great message about doing the job that makes you happy, not the one that sucks your soul.

Hank Azaria was hilarious as the campy resurrected Egyptian King, but for my money, Amy Adams steals the movie in her role as Amelia Earnhart comes to life. I first saw her as the Princess in "Enchanted," and she also stole every scene in the movie "Doubt."
Amy Adams is HOT! Not as hot as Mrs C in my eyes, but close! LOL!

Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt and Owen Wilson as the leader of the miniatures reprise their roles. There contribute just the right amount to the story.
The Smithsonian blessed this movie, and I read about their cooperation in this month's edition of their magazine. One thing I learned in the mag was that film makers spent more than a month photographing the inside of the Smithsonian's facilities. For the movie, the stages were created to scale foe filming.
The action scenes in the Air and Space Museum are entertaining for their incredulity. Can you imagine the rocket in there actually blasting off? or the SR-71 blackbird hanging from the ceiling actually taking flight?

After the movie was over, I suggested that we start hitting the movies on Saturday more often. I have been far too busy with my work and my book, but now that Mrs C has her MBA and no more school work, I have no excuse for putting off these Saturday afternoon matinees.

That's my post for now. I worked on the book until after midnight Saturday, and decided I should write a journal entry and a blog post, so here you go. I will schdule it for 8 AM. Good morning then!

4 comments:

Anne said...

What a great way to spend a day together. We saw Night at the Museum and I really liked it. I think it is great that you have a day each week that you spend together. How lovely.

Chris Casey said...

Hi Anne, thanks for dropping by. Happy Birtday to Libby, and good luck with the revolt of the Household Appliances! That sounds like a hit movie!

JD at I Do Things said...

I've heard good things about this movie -- especially Amy Adams, whom I adore (and yes, she IS hot). Sounds like you had an awesome date with your honey.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Hi Chris... just followed you back from my place. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't seen this movie yet but my kids want to go. Based on your review here I think I'll do just that. Glad you had fun with the sweetie. :-)