Thursday, June 25, 2009

Break time!

Tonight at seven o'clock I put the finishing touches on Chapter number 30 of my novel about a dog that rescues an alcoholic Army vet.
Only six more to rewrite and edit!

It will probably end up around 300 pages after the last edit by the "professional."

I expect to have my part done by around July the eighth. I would probably get it done next weekend, and I might, if it rains at the shore on the fourth, and I have nothing else to do.

I have been working on it since December and it has been a labor of love, based on a eulogy I wrote for a great dog back in May 2002. It has evolved into something so much more, and my editor and agent are eagerly awaiting the not quite finished project. My weekly meeting to report on my progress and go over the chapters I finished is tomorrow afternoon after work.
In late July I have a test group ready to read it and give input.

It is a work of fiction, but I drew from real life events to drive the story. I hope someday early next year it will be at the local bookstore. It is my dream, and I may not get it, but it will not be from lack of trying.

I will be back to regular three times a week blog posting sometime in July. After I finish this I will need a break. I still write daily in my journal, but between my full time job, my part time property management, and writing my novel, blogging regularly got put aside.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations! That is really great. I look forward to seeing it at my local Barnes and Noble and on the NY Times bestseller list:).

Mrs C said...

Yes, me too!

monkey momma said...

I want to read this book, too! Good luck with the final stages, and congrats on seeing your goal to the end.

Chris Casey said...

Hi folks, thanks for the encouraging comments! I have to get back to work now, before I get accused of "lurking" on other blogs again! LOL! Because God knows I have so much time for that!

Lisa Tomarelli said...

Keep it going, Chris! I will look forward to being one of the initial 'readers'!