Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Water heater Glo Bulb goes "POOF"!

It's been an interesting last 4 days here at Casa Di Casey.

Saturday afternoon Mrs Casey informs me that she had to take a cold shower. It was not pleasant. Mrs C is not happy. I try to trouble shoot, but call a plumber after consultations.
Guy comes Saturday at 2 Pm. Good news bad news. It's only the glow bulb thingy. Bad news is all supply houses are closed until Monday.

Okay, they will come back Monday, but in meantime, we are showering at our gym, which opens early in the morning. (5 AM) In other words, we are getting by.

Then Monday comes, and I get a call. Nearest glow bulb for our particular water heater is in Lancaster PA. They are shipping it overnight, and they will be out Tuesday.

Mrs C and I bear down. she's a trooper, that Mrs C. They arrived today before 5 PM, and we now have very hot water. Hurray!

How did people live without water heaters? I survived, having been in the United States God Damn Army and endured probably thousands of cold showers, but still, Mrs C showed me how tough she could be. Boolyah! that's why she got the tattoo for her B'day, and I don't have one!

2 comments:

Small Town Mommy said...

Eek, plumbing problems are the worst and cold showers are especially bad unless it is summer. Glad to hear it got fixed!

Kathy said...

Had to take exactly one cold shower in my lifetime. Never again. It was the fastest shower ever. If I only have cold water in the future, I'll just stink for a couple days. That's what perfume is for. Or Fabreze.