Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Visit to a light Store

My Wife and I officially moved to Trexlertown in 2004 after painting most of the house and getting it ready for our occupancy.
There is a store less than a mile up route 100 from us that sells light fixtures. Sometime after we moved here, Mrs C purchased a reading light there.
Recently the bulb burned out, and for the life of both of us, we couldn't figure out how to take the damn thing apart to get the bulb out, or how to change it.
So Saturday we do what we think is the smart thing: we take it to the store where we purchased it, and what does the saleslady say?

"I've never seen one like this before, and I've been here since before you say you bought it."

At this point, I would like to mention that Mrs C went out to the exact spot in the displays where it had been and saw a very similar lamp, on display, as of Saturday.

They took our lamp, and promised there would be no charge to take it apart and see what kind of bulb it used. There will be a charge for the bulb, should they have to order it, and would we like a spare, she asked.

I'm hoping the guy she (the saleslady) claims is all knowing of this stuff is able to do this for us, but I'm not holding my breath. She almost outright suggested we were lying about buying it there.

In Other news, we visited a new store out by the airport called "The Christmas Store."

My initial take is that this place is the kind of outdoor lawn furniture store you would get if the Lawn Department at Lowe's or Home Depot were overrun by the gay design guys from lower Manhattan. It is Lawn Center Hell for the Heterosexual Male. More later!

Monday Lunch UPDATE!: I have been informed that the store by the airport is in fact,

THE CHRISTMAS TREE STORE!

Sometimes I am just a plain and simple MORON!

1 comment:

Small Town Mommy said...

I think it is something about light fixture stores. They seem to employ very clueless women. I have never heard of the Christmas store, but it sounds very similar to the Christmas Tree Shop. More chachkas than you can imagine.