Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Of Chainsaws and such

Last year I had some slight misadventures cutting down a few trees at casa di' Casey, but there was no permanent damage or injuries incurred.

Monday one of my friends decided to engage in some Testosterone flexing, and dropped a tree on his tool shed, flattening it. The friend who tried to advise me what I should do. I didn't listen to him. I kindly nodded and went about it as I planned. Yeah, I slightly dinged a rain gutter, but otherwise, nothing was worse for the wear

Is that not some delicious irony? Now he asked if I knew where to get his chainsaw fixed.

I told him to go buy a new one. I only wish I had pictures.

2 comments:

Small Town Mommy said...

My husband and neighbors took down a bunch of trees in our yard. Luckily, there was no lasting damage, except to my husband's self esteem since he had the smallest chain saw.

Chris Casey said...

I never thought of a Chainsaw as a phallic figure, until now. There's just some power tools you don't want to equate with your private parts, and that you really don't want anywhere near them, especially when they are in use.