Sunday, April 12, 2009

The First mowing of the lawn of 2009

I mowed today, after spending an hour cleaning the lawn mower, sharpening the blade, putting in fresh oil, checking the spark plug, and putting in fresh fuel.
It was 50 degrees and sunny, with a brisk breeze. the three dogs loved the extended time in the yard, as I also weed whacked the edges of the sidewalk and then filled all the bird feeders.
Found a dead skunk at the back of the yard, and buried him outside the invisible fence so nobody would get any ideas to dig him up.

The skunk has symbolism for me, as some jerk is anonymously impersonating me on some of the other area blogs, trying to stir things up. That isn't going to work. Casey don't play that.

Anyway, I was hoping to hit Fairview Cemetery this week, but they are forecasting cold rainy days on Tuesday and Wednesday, the two days I could get there, so it looks like next week at the earliest. Work looks bad tomorrow. Oh well, that's why they pay me.

I hope all out there in Blog world had a great Easter. The Resurrection of Christ is symbolic as in new beginnings, I hope those in need of a fresh start find it.

No comments: