Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Stupid Behavior Rant

Last week I made a few comments about why guys are having trouble in relationships, and I asserted that their lack of manners might have something to do with it. As usual, I received a few email comments, that were right in line with one that someone left here on the blog.

It had to do with guys who answer their cell phone or text message during their dates. Now I'm sure there are women who do this too, but I feel their pain. When I was at John Grogan's speech on Thursday, I heard cell phones ringing sporadically.

Personally, I made a point to turn mine off when I entered the auditorium, but you would think that people would have the common decency to at least put it on vibrate, right?
I mean, if you're a trauma surgeon, I can see the need for that wherever you go, but whose life is going to be saved if Ralph in Finance can't find a toner cartridge?

You get my point?

But I think it is especially egregious for someone to agree to an evening out, and then ask their dating partner to wait repeatedly while they answer cell calls, or return text, don't you?

Even when I take my wife to dinner, I kill my phone. I don't want to be bothered, and i don't want to bother the other patrons, I think it is just plain rude, How about you guys?

Okay, That's my Sunday Stupid behavior rant, and now that I have vented, I'll get back to working on my book. Amen, Brother Ben shot the hen.

No comments: