Friday, May 8, 2009

Thank God for the weekend

Having someone close to your wife pass on a Monday can really put a damper on your week

But here we are at Friday night, and after a long week, and especially long day that included a funeral, we are finally home. I pulled out my laptop and started working on my novel, but now I'm at the blog because inspiration hit.

Mrs C is watching a show in TLC called "Say yes to the dress". It's some kind of show that gets women with too much money to spend that money on a dress for their wedding.

That's all good, they can spend money they earned on whatever they want, in my book. When Mrs C and I were married I could care less what she spent on her dress, it was her money, and it made her happy. (And she did look damn good!)

My problem is with TLC. They should change it from TLC for The Learning Chanel to TWLC, for TRAIN WRECK LOSERS CHANEL.

This channel promotes shows such as "BRIDEZILLAS!" "Little People, Big World" and my personal NOT Favorite "John and Kate + 8" That last show might be getting renamed "Kate and 8" because John had issues concerning good judgment that have been published everywhere.

300 freaking cable channels, and TLC is supposed to be cream of the crop.

Perhaps I should have a show. Instead of "What not to wear" I could host "What not to blog!"
I could travel the planet interviewing bloggers and giving them money to buy food and feed their kids. I could advise them how to make money on their blog and drive traffic.

Or how about "A Blog Makeover Story?" Why not give bloggers, and their blogs, makeovers?

I could come to their town, take them out binge drinking, and then turn them over to the fashionistas for a haircut and wardrobe advice, while I revamp their blog.

This is what happens when you mix blogging, beer, and attending a funeral. Throw in 4 hours of driving, the most wonderful wife in the world, and its time to go to bed. Good night!

3 comments:

michael molovinsky said...

your blog show idea is very good for a national venue, but here in the valley perhaps a 19th century theme, "dueling bloggers" would be more appropriate

Chris Casey said...

Always appreciate your wit Mike,
Though World Wrestling Federation doing a bloggers Special might be fun.

Small Town Mommy said...

TLC used to be really good. When the network first started, most of the programming was documentary style. It was entertaining but educational. Unfortunately, they left documentary and slipped into reality. Now, I love me some reality, but not reality that is trying to pose as educational.