Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where the Hell.....???

Did I put my keys?

This is a game I play constantly in my life. At home, there is a basket hanging by the door to the garage in the kitchen. My wife put it there for the express purpose of keeping her keys where she could find them. She never plays the game, but I, The Hunter Gatherer, play it all the time.

So why the hell would I want to use that? It's not like I'd get confused, and take the wrong key ring, all hers have Tinkerbell fairies on them. I'd sort of notice, you think? But no, I'm a man, an American man, and we like challenges. I think it's a throwback to our need to look for treasure, an instinctive need to search for things we really need, like food and warmth, and now in the 21st century, a wireless Internet connection. Those things are easy to find, so we subconsciously create challenges for ourselves, ergo, we hide our keys!

The issue here is I find myself playing the game at really bad times, like when I really have to get going. This happens a lot at 4:45 AM when I need to leave for work. the Coffee hasn't hit yet, and I'm getting annoyed. Damn thing is, if I have my keys, I usually end up playing other versions of the game, like, "Where the hells my building swipe card?" or "Where the hells my cell phone?"

This really annoys Mrs C, who is usually playing a game of her own called, "Why the hell can't you let me sleep?!" Throw in barking dogs, and now our new alarm system chirping every time the door opens as I run back and forth from the garage looking for whatever, and I think you see the problem.

Yes, I admit it. I AM AN IDIOT!

Okay! That's enough Man Confession for today, tune in next time when I either share more horror stories on my Home Improvement Adventures, or my new game I play after going to the mall, "Where the Hell did I park the car?!"

No comments: