Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun with Paint!

This past week, I finally got around to putting two coats of paint on the second upstairs bedroom of our home. Ever notice that, no matter how hard you try, you always manage to miss a spot? I find that really annoying. So now all the finished rooms upstairs have been painted, and we have two full bedrooms with walk in closets, and one full master bath. We are open for visitors!

All I have left to do is install the new light fixture (with ceiling fan), put all the wall receptacle covers back on, remove all the painters tape on the trim, and move all the furniture back into the room. That's not going to be as easy as it seems when you realize how much is on that list is it? So I have scheduled that for Saturday, when my dear beloved, Mr's C can assist me, by telling me exactly where she wants everything. (Oh, and we have to pick up all the drop cloths and vacuum, also!) I plan to tackle painting the 18 foot ceiling in the foyer hall while she is out of town next month for a week at a conference.

Okay, one thing I realized while painting this room, is that Dogs are not good paint helpers. In fact, if you allow a very black dog into a room with freshly painted white tinted walls, there's going to be an issue... or two...or three...
I'm sure there's an application somewhere that dipping a dog's tail in the paint and having it run around the room wagging said tail rapidly afterwards is a good idea, but not in my house!

I'm just glad I got it off the dog before Mrs. C arrived home from work and saw it, or we'd probably been going to the vet to check for adverse effects. There's going to be more fun with electricity in a few weeks, as I will be replacing the light fixtures on the house and front entrance to match the ones on the garage. That means another trip to Lowes's! Yippee! I won't need a ladder to replace these, so if I inadvertently use myself as an electrical conduit, I won't fall as far this time.
That's a good thing!

No comments: