Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You want Snow?! You Can't Handle the Snow!


You have to love the weather people in the Delaware and Lehigh Valleys.
The race to give the scariest forecast is on! I don't know for sure who coined the word "Snowmageddon" or even "Snowpocalypse", but I can't wait to see who claims to have been the most accurate in predicting this storm.
As if that is going to matter?!
The Schwartz guy on NBC 10 is my favorite when it comes to accuracy. I can count on him to be honest and explain what happens when he is wrong. When it comes to most attractive to look at, Kathy Orr of CBS 3 wins hands down. I think she would explain what was wrong if she had more time, but CBS has to get all those Katie Couric promos in.
Cecily Tynan on ABC is average, but she is dependable. I don't even bother watching Fox 29, because I did once this past weekend, and that was enough. John Bolaris noted that we hadn't had this much snow since 1996, when Bill Clinton was President.
What the hell did Bill Clinton have to do with the weather? Wait, I understand, the heavy snows are all the Democrats fault. I should have known that was how Fox would report it.
And as for Ed Hanna on WFMZ 69 news? I'm sure whatever happens he will tell us he had it exactly right. He always does, whether he is or not (And he likely won't be close.)
In the meantime, get to the market and get your bread, milk, and pet food before the storm gets here and you are forced into cannibalism, or at the worst, barbecuing the family pets.

No comments: