Saturday, October 17, 2009

Will America's long national nightmare ever end?

Just when you think The Gosselin Channel, er, I mean TLC, the Learning Channel is going to end our long national Nightmare and cancel all things John and Khate Gosselin, along comes the Heene family of Colorado.

What kind of dysfunctional family do you have to be to get a TV show these days? The Heenes were a one episode disaster on something called "Wife Swap."

I guess that one episode made them addicts of reality TV. Once is never enough, the saying goes. Nobody wants to be humiliated on TV just once. If you want to make the cover of People or be the lead story Entertainment tonight, having Septuplets ot Octuplets just won't do it in the 21st century.
Having a bizarre hair style straight out of trailer trash weekly or being a hen pecked loser who is sued by the network for breach of contract has been done.

So the Heene family of Colorado raised the bar to new heights, maybe pretending to have launched one of their children accidentally in their experimental weather balloon.

I was just wondering......... how many families have their own weather balloons? And while we are at it, if you look in your neighbors back yard and see a balloon shaped like a flying saucer, what would you say to your neighbor?

Hey, Mr. Heene, how is it going? want a beer?

Personally, if any of my neighbors from the Third world did something like that, I would call the police. But out west in Colorado, I guess everybody is doing their own science experiments, and having your kid possibly float off on board your weather balloon is an everyday occurrence.

So you know what is coming, a made for Television Movie, the countless interviews, and hopefully my personal favorite Mr. Heene will do an interview with Nancy Grace.

I just can't wait! It will never end. And the Octomom's show is coming in the spring. The Nightmare is just beginning.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I like reality, but some people don't seem to have a lot of sense. I wont argue with you about John and Kate since you are from the same neck of the woods, you know better than me, but I enjoy that show. They don't appear dysfunctional on television so I enjoy watching it.

Actually, my neighbors are kind of eccentric so a weather balloon wouldn't surprise me. I am not sure what in that story would make a television movie, nothing actually happened except they told their kid to hide in the attic. That doesn't seem like scintillating television. On the other hand, if they had actually launched him into space...

Anonymous said...

Bernie O'Hare gets off on emotionally torturing already suffering grief-stricken families. He's an evil sadist. Ask the families of George Usry ... Lucille White ... and Sheena Villa. Hopefully your family isn't next on O'Hare's torture list ...