Saturday, July 25, 2009

Questions I would like to ask

Okay gang, I have a lot on my mind, but here goes:

Do we really care if Michael Jackson was murdered or not? Should it be front page news? I kind of think Afghanistan is more important, but who knows.

My local paper is reporting that a local girl is dating John of "John and Kate plus eight."
That was their freaking lead headline. Is this what America's lowest denominator has evolved to? This is news?

And Finally, my dog Sally ate a loaf of fresh bread today. She is the only one of our three dogs with the ability to reach the counter. She is so damn cute though, and skinny, so I am glad it was probably her. The question is, why would she eat the bread, and not the fresh rotisserie chicken?
That she did not touch. Hmmm.

Anyway, today's big question is I have a co-worker who is cheating on his wife with another co-worker. The wife calls and asks me at work where he is. I tell the truth, that he left for lunch. I don't tell her that he went to lunch with his paramour. I don't know what they are doing, but she shows up and is waiting in the lot when he and other lady come back from lunch.
Comedy is not pretty. She threw his ass out.
I did not get involved. As long as the work gets done, I can't do anything. What would you do?

2 comments:

Jan from BetterSpines said...

I agree with you on the news reporting. Anything is more important than John and Kate (whoever they are)and Michael Jackson. As for your co-workers, say nothing, know nothing. Unless you are asked directly and then it's a bit of a problem. Lying would seem a good option, or better yet, "What are you talking about?"

Anne said...

I agree about the news. I used to subscribe to a BBC RSS feed and it is amazing what takes place on other parts of the world (that we never hear about).

Eek, what an awful position to be in. You should not be required to cover for someone when they are having an affair. I think he got what he deserved.