Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fish Update!

My regular readers know that a few weeks ago I got some new fish for our tank and some crabs.

Yeah, I know how that sounds.

Anyways, my favorite purchase was Mr. Shy, the carnivore Shrimp. He replaced cranky the crab, who rolled over and played, "Bait."
A couple of weeks ago, Mr Shy disappeared. We thought maybe he had shed his skin and was hiding.

We were wrong. We believe the rest of the residents ate him. All I found when I was cleaning the tank was a single antennae.

I am bummed. So now I'm thinking I could be saving some bucks and just digging worms up out of the yard and throwing them in the tank.

Cut out the middleman, as it were. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Anne said...

That has happened to us before. We currently have one catfish who turned our fish tank into a steel cage match. He is the only survivor.I am sorry to hear about your shrimp. Maybe try a blue lobster. We had one of those and he was really cool.

Anonymous said...

Casey, I know you like shrimp, are you sure you didn't eat him?

M.L.