Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Butterflies as far as the eye can see

Last Weekend I was down at Cape May Point New Jersey for several days taking care of some chores. Saturday Afternoon I took a break and rode my bike over to the Lighthouse at Cape May Point State Park.

     I took my digital camera and headed out onto the nature trail. Mid-September is a magical time in the wetlands along the shore, because THOUSANDS of Butterflies all come out at once.

     A digital camera makes it easy to shoot pictures of the Butterflies literally flocking around you.

I posted one of my pictures here that had a half dozen monarch butterflies grazing on one of the native plants.  Their life cycle is so short, but they possess such beauty. I enjoyed watching the eyes of small children light up as the monarchs fluttered in the air around them. There are some amazingly beautiful moments in life that really defy words. Saturday afternoon was one of them. Click on the picture to enlarge it.

No comments: