Sunday, April 4, 2010

What I did for Easter: I took down the Christmas tree!

This is not our Christmas tree. It's a picture I pulled off Google images.
I know, I know, Christmas was what, 15 weeks ago? I have been busy, blogging and stuff.
    Anyways, I got up around 5 AM, left at 6 AM. and drove the three hours home. We were at the annual Saturday night family Easter dinner gathering and I came home on this beautiful spring day with the express purpose of getting some yard work done. Mrs C is arriving later.
   Imagine her surprise when she sees the artificial tree is put away and the stand back in the basement.
  I figured if I have to carry stuff up OUT OF THE BASEMENT! I might as well carry stuff down too!
   I would like to try and claim that my tree has a different meaning for me, but that is B.S. I could claim that I put the tree up for Christ's Birth so naturally I take it down when he rises from the dead, because....
   maybe they needed the wood for the cross?!!!
        So I have accomplished something this Easter, I put away the christmas tree! I retrieved the dogs from the kennel, and I cleaned all the carpets and floors. Now I have to go shopping for a new lawn mower.
   For a man, that is a just reward!

1 comment:

michael molovinsky said...

at least it wasn't a real tree, that would be pretty dry by now.

the lawn mower made me remember your work at fairview. i passed the cemetery the other day, but did not drive in.