Tuesday, March 16, 2010

White people working at Dunkin Donuts? Time to be politically incorrect!

I visit Dunkin Donuts at least four times a week. It is to the point that when I pull into the drive thru and lower the window, the guy says "Good Morning, pull ahead."

  Okay. the guy is an Immigrant from India. He has a family with children, and from my almost daily interaction with him in the last three years since that particular Dunkin Donuts' opened, I have learned that his relatives own and operate several franchises.

It's the Freakin' American dream. God bless'em for being willing to put forth the effort. What had me laughing this weekend is that while watching the NCAA basketball games on CBS I kept seeing a Dunkin Donuts commercial where all the people working at Dunkin Donuts WERE WHITE!

   This came on the heels of my walking into the DD on Hamilton Boulevard in Trexlertown Saturday morning and getting waited on by a young white guy. The other seven employees were all of a minority ethnicity, but here was one white guy, working side by side with OTHER AMERICANS, who happened to have a different skin color.

   My point here is that I could not help but notice the irony of who is working for who. (I've always had trouble using WHOM)

   But when is the last time that you saw a white person working at Dunkin Donuts? Really? Is the economy that bad? And I have a question or two for the folks running DD and approving the commercials.

   Have you actually been in one of your buildings recently? Where is this DD with all the White Employees located, FANTASYLAND?

  That's my politically incorrect observation for this week. My next post will be a complimentary one to a post from Redhead Ranting about TEN THINGS she hates about men.
  I have ten things that women do that drive men nuts. It is not a top ten list, just ten random things that women do that make men want to bang their heads against a wall. Come back Thursday, I will have the list gleaned to ten by then.

1 comment:

michael molovinsky said...

i find it interesting how the 7/11's all became pakistani and the dd's are indian. i would surmise that they have cultural loan societies to finance them, and also the immigrants are willing to work the incredibility long hours