Friday, January 15, 2010

Here come Da' Judge!


Today's walk down memory lane is inspired by Judge Judy. Last night I was writing while Judge Judy's top rated show was on in the background. The Show is called Judge Judy, but it should be titled "America's Biggest Idiots."
What in God's name would possess people to go on national television and air the stupidest things they have ever done for all to hear?
Last nights show included a guy who beat up his girlfriend's TV because she wouldn't let him in the house after he had been drinking.
When I was growing up in Columbus, Ohio there was a locally produced TV show that aired once a week after the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. It was called simply, "THE JUDGE." Unlike Judge Judy, "The JUDGE" dealt with such amazing cases like a teenager who called in false fire alarms, or a Mom who let her kids drink wine to keep them quiet. Every week there was one case involving bad kids, and one case involving bad adults. It was a bonus when a case had both. It was no "Judge Judy" which is why it didn't last all that long.
I think I am bothered that our legal system is such a joke. There are so many judge shows on that I think they should have their own channel. How about the "Judge Channel?"
We already have TLC, how about TJC? It would be the perfect place for America's sweethearts, Jon and Kate Gosselin. They could host a show that specialized on divorces.
Think of the ratings! I even have a title: "Jon and Kate's Celebrity marriage train wrecks!"
My only casting problem is I don't know who to get as a judge. I know Mills Lane was a boxing referee, and could handle a divorce show, but I like Judge Judy's spunk, the way she slams stupid people. What do you guys think? Should we look forward to "The Judge Channel?" Would you watch? People like to watch car crashes, and that's pretty much what divorces are, intimate relationship car crashes. So maybe what we need is a Judge with experience as a traffic cop. Or did they already do that show, called Traffic Court? who knows.
This is why I watch so little TV. Thank God LOST is coming back. That's another post, on another day.

No comments: