Sunday, January 30, 2011

Once Again, I rant about out municipal government supplied, Tax dollar paid for Snow removal.

   Will the damn Snow ever end? I don't know what is worse, getting a behemoth two feet of the white stuff in one shot ot getting 4 to 6 inches every few days for a month. This much I do know:
   The wall of snow along the curb on my steet is now as high as the car windows, and backing out of your driveway is an adventure. You really can't see very far, or if anyone is coming. During the day it is worse because of sunglare on the White snow, but at least at night you can see the reflection from an oncoming car's lights.
    Once again I would like to ask the Township Snow Plow Drivers what is the point of plowing all the snow in the development onto my side of the street?
    Do you take a perverse pleasure in creating a four foot high, three feet deep frozen wall of ice at the end of my driveway, (and That of my neighbors?)
   I broke the wooden handle of a Steel shovel trying to break it down and make it manageable to move. My Neighbor's Snowblower literally blew up trying to penetrate that thing.
    Then the Township had the nerve to send someone around to make sure we had cleared our sidewalks, or face possible fines? The Township Dump Trucks/Plows go down the street with such speed that they threw the several feet of acculated snow not just to the curb, but they also buried many of the sidewalks that had been cleared with more than a foot of slushy ice, which as the temperature dropped into the teens, became rock hard. Try Shoveling that!  Thank you Township!

   Okay, I am done now. I spent several hours this weeken Shoveling the excessive snow and ice off my back deck. I don't want the excessive weight to buckle it.  I'm glad I dropped the gym membership last year. God knows I get more exercise now outside in the elements.
  

1 comment:

Monkey Momma said...

I feel your pain! My kids' bus stop is now completely under ice, as the sidewalk area and the corner were covered by the muni snow plowers. There is a wall 4 feet high all along the sidewalk where the kids usually stand, so now we'll be waiting for the bus in the street until everything melts. I'd call the township to complain, but what good would it do? They'd probably issue a citation to the property owner, but that still won't melt the ice wall that stands there now. You'd need a blowtorch at this point to knock it down.

I will say, though, that this snow has brought out the best in my neighbors. Craft parties for the kids, happy hours for the adults - we are enjoying our time at home when school is cancelled. The snow is horrible for business, but the kids and I are having a blast this winter.