Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lumberjack Love: Why you don't wear loose hanging clothes while operating a gas powered 20" Poulan Chain Saw

Waaaaaay back in February, we had an Ice Storm ,that made two of the trees behind our house fall over. They were big trees, as in more than 50 feet tall. One fell somewhat harmlessly in the yard. The other? Well, it sort of hit the back edge of the house and destroyed 30 + feet of rain gutter. I had to replace the whole thing. I paid a professional, and it looks great.

So here we are, early November, and another tree is leaning precariously towards the house.

I call this as being proactive. Thursday afternoon, when I get home from
work, I'm saddling up and heading out back with Mr. Chainsaw. Just thinking about it, my Testosterone levels start rising. I put a new blade on the Chainsaw, filled the chain oil, and mixed the fuel.

I'm ready. I'll be evicting several families of Squirrels today. Too Bad!

5;30 PM update:

Things didn't go so well. The tree is down, and I got a bruise, or two. Things never seem to go exactly the way you plan, you know? You cut all these specific notches, to make the tree fall a certain way, then you grab the axe, make a couple of swings, and the damn thing looks like it is going down perfectly.

I had to climb up on the roof

With the Chainsaw.

then it started raining.

Very hard

and it got windy

Then the Chainsaw jammed.

I said a lot of very, very, very, bad words.

I accidentally got my insulated, hooded, outdoors work shirt caught in the Chain.

Man Was I pissed!

I didn't take before and after pictures for posting. GRRRRRR! Now I'm heading to the gym for a swim, and some jacuzzi time.

No comments: